Diesel Exhaust Fluid
DEFenseTM prepares you for the new diesel standards.
It's time to gear up! You need to be ready for the new, mandatory emission standards for
Class 6, 7, and 8 trucks. And, MFA Oil is ready to provide a reliable supply of DEFense brand Diesel Exhaust Fluid for the new engines with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology.
How it works.
DEFense is an organic, urea-based operating fluid that is used by SCR systems to reduce NOx to elemental nitrogen and water through chemical interaction with ammonia. Urea is the carrier for the ammonia, and its purity is critical to the effectiveness of the fluid.
DEFense is a high-purity solution of 32.5% urea in deionized water for optimum performance. It is not a fuel or additive, is not explosive or toxic, and is classified as non-hazardous.
- Refills are needed about every 2.5 refuelings.
(A class 8 truck traveling 100,000 miles a year will carry an 18-gallon reservoir requiring 17 refills a year - about 300 gallons.)
- Does not affect normal maintenance.
Laboratory-tested and road-proven.
DEFense has passed grueling performance tests with flying colors.
- Meets ISO 22241-1 and AUD 32 standards.
- Meets or exceeds SCR manufacturer's performance requirements.
(ie. Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Volvo, Mack, Hino, Isuzu, PACCAR)
- Certified by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
Storage and Handling.
To maintain product integrity, DEFense requires proper storage and handling. Depending upon temperature and initial alkalinity, it has a shelf life of 6 to 36 months.
- Begins to deteriorate at 83°F.
- Freezes at 12°F and expands by 7% upon freezing.
All surfaces that come in direct contact with DEFense must be free of grease, fuel, oil, detergent, dust or any other foreign matter.
Product Options and Equipment.
- Bulk – direct delivery from the blending plant
- 275-gallon disposable totes
- 55-gallon drums
- 1-gallon and 2.5-gallon retail sizes
Contact your local MFA Oil office today to learn more about DEFenseTM and its many benefits.